Everyone is welcome to join in with our numerous activities and events throughout the year. You don’t need to own a boat to join our club. Our annual membership fees are currently – full members (associated with boats) @£100 per person per year, social members @£84 per person per year. (VAT included)
Contact our Membership Secretary, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call into the club and have a chat with members – just ask the bar staff and they can point you in the direction of a board member, pick up an application form from the lobby or bar or download it here.
Benefits of Membership:
- Cheaper beer at the bar than elsewhere in the marina – 5 pints a week covers your membership cost;
- ½ price function room hire for parties, weddings, etc. save£175;
- Dinghy sailing 6 sessions for members adult and child at competitive prices. ideal to learn to sail before going out on something bigger. mainly undertaken in the harbour until you prove your competence. Vanessa and Rob Cottington run the dinghy training events.
- Under 18’s are free and will get their own membership cards if parents are members;
- Social environment with panoramic views across the harbour;
- Meet friendly like-minded people;
- Free Wi-Fi;
- Regular social events – quizzes, party nights, great food, ladies lunch and yoga for example.
- Yacht racing and cruising in company; We actively encourage members to have a try at sailing. There are many skippers needing crew so once you learn to sail you would be offered opportunities to go across the channel, enjoy social cruises and other events. You just need to take that first step.
Members receive regular communications about club events and activities though our weekly newsletter.
We will be starting soon to produce a range of SHYC logo merchandise to wear and advertise our club.